3D printing allows the construction of very fast, unique and complex models. Manufacturers, engineers, artists and even hobbyists can create any models they can imagine. The only limit is the ability to create the file needed for the 3D printer. Learn how to create more complex and imaginative models with new drawing tools, model managing methods and ideas for applying 3D printing.
This curriculum includes everything you need to get your young designers up and running!
These LABCards come in a pack of 25 cards, 5 cards in each level. For every level there is one overview card and 4 project cards. The project cards are formatted to include 2 step-by-step projects, 2 challenges, and 1 final design project.
This summer camp version includes 10 sets of lab cards.
Level 1: Essential Tools for 3D Modeling
• Drawing Tools and 3D Shapes
• Make Copies and Undo Mistakes
• Keyboard Shortcuts
• Use Plugins to Export STL Files
Level 2: Modeling Efficiently
• Advanced Selection Tools
• Create Groups and Fix Mesh
• Guidelines and Constraints
• Linear and Radial Arrays
Level 3: Tips and Tricks for 3D Printing
• Tessellation and Part Tolerance
• Supports and Rounded Corners
• 3D Text and Text Inlays
• Solid Inspector and Follow Me Tool
Level 4: Advanced Tools for 3D Printing
• Find and Import STL Files
• Edge Softening and Styles
• Import and Trace Images
• Puzzle Cube and Shape Bender Extension
The camp comes with a spiral bound Instructor’s Manual and 30 sets of student curriculum pages printed on virtually indestructible no‐tear polymer organized in an expanding file folder for easy access and storage. Digital curriculum download includes Instructor’s Manual and student curriculum pages.
The camp includes approximately 20 hours of instruction, each designed to last about one hour. Use one lesson a day, clump them together into larger blocks or break them apart to be worked in one at a time throughout the course of a school year.
1 device (Mac or PC) per set with the following minimum
- Chrome 35 or later, Firefox 31 or later OR Internet
Explorer 9 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or later
- 1024 x 768 screen size or larger
Three-button mouse highly recommended